Sunday, October 31, 2010

Yup, I went there...


Henry and Sophia’s first Halloween was a busy one – filled with color, food, family and friends.

As I am practically seamstress-to-the-stars (hahahaha) I was well up to the task of making their costumes.

If you can’t immediately tell from the photographs, Sophia was Raggedy Ann and Henry was her brother, Raggedy Andy.



I am so grateful to the inventor of the hot glue gun; and needle, of course.

Yes, on my babies’ first Halloween I dressed them as rag dolls; I suppose it could have been worse.

Raggedy Ann & Andy, happen to be, after all, symbols of caring and love, of compassion and generosity. Its a beautiful story if you're interested.

Anyway, I think it is a good Halloween-costume-kick-off. 






There will be plenty of time to be ghosts and gypsies, pirates and princesses – this year they made perfect dolls ☺. We obviously did not do the candy thing, but our wonderful neighbors didn’t want them feeling left out.

They got “My First Halloween” bibs, gently used books and soft teeth-ers for trick-or-treats (yes, we did walk around the neighborhood, in the wagon with cousin Piper. And they kept their hats on!).

I really cannot believe how lucky we are. My parents, brother and in-laws came over. We ate lasagna, took loads of pictures, humiliated the dog and visited.



At the end of the day? Henry shared a quiet moment with the carved pumpkin and votive candle (battery-powered candle so no worries).



In his ghost pajamas.

Happy Halloween.


PS - And before you go thinking that Henry and Sophia went without any sort of “treat” (what kind of mother do you think I am?!) they did get one.

Sort of.

Ever make a baked good for a baby? There are loads of recipes. I broke in the new Kitchen Aid mixing bowl – an applesauce cake with no sugar. And raisin eyes, nose and mouth.

Shaped like a pumpkin, naturally.

2 comments:

  1. nice pumkin and love the picture of cappy poor dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so sweet! Love the costumes.

    ReplyDelete