Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cherry picking


joyfully bound twins:
reach for Sprung double-cherries
grabbing leaves instead

I have made it my mission to write something every day. And you, my unfortunate reader, I pity because lately I have been haiku-ing.

Be thankful they are not sonnets.

I forgot how much I enjoyed them until I was reading Haiku Baby by Betsy Snyder to Henry and Sophia. My boss bought them a copy of it.

We love it.

Haikus make me realize how candid every word can be - and how daily I use the same ones. Which is too bad. I read an article lately which said no matter how futile it seems - read to your baby/ies. It says something like "it doesn't matter if they eat the book - they are still consuming it. And it will improve their vocabulary; so read lots and lots".



Which makes me wonder if its a quantity vs. quality question. In which case where does the reduced haiku fit in?

We went cherry picking last week at Tsougas Farm which was a new experience for the four of us; and we used the Bjorn and the Snugli for the first time! Being unfit parents, Tony and I forgot both the hats and sunscreen. So we ran to the store to get some sunscreen and improvised on the hats using cloth diapers.

I think I am going to write a book entitled "Embracing your bad parenting skills" and then dedicate it to someone else's kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment