Wednesday, August 25, 2010

the new camera, exposed


So I bought a new camera; its the digital version of my 35mm Canon Rebel. *sigh* I forgot how much I missed my rebel. This camera's got so much power, I find myself saying "whoaaaa...boy" when I'm previewing the pics.

And so, with my new camera in hand, I've been doing the mom-paparazzi thing. Positioning fans around the house, saying things like "you want the blackberry, make a face like you want the blackberry. You can't have the blackberry!"

I'm enjoying the camera so much I could eat it.

Which would, no doubt, void the warranty.

My mission with the camera? I insist on trying to get this portraiture thing right. Or at least under control. Or at least get better at it. So if you have any tips, I'd love to hear 'em.

Henry and Sophia seem to be suspicious of the newest addition. The same way, I think, Italians were of the eggplant.

You have no idea how long it took me to take these two pictures which look like I took them with a *bad* camera. One is over-exposed, the other, under.

One thing is pretty certain - I have such good little subjects.

1 comment:

  1. LOL at voiding the warranty! I would love a new camera! You'll get the hang of it-I have no tips as I use a sony cybershot! HAHA.

    ReplyDelete