Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sorry to have kept you waiting for so long...



As I am drafting this, Henry is sitting on my lap and waving to the uploaded pictures on the screen (saying Hi!) - its quite adorable. He also likes to sit in front of the computer and identify pictures of himself as they roll by on a slideshow we have uploaded (HEN-ee and SIS-ta). 
NB I apologize for being tardy in updates on the twins. They have been exceedingly curious lately and harder to capture on camera than the Loch Ness Monster. But I have a treat - I did manage to Sophia in her natural state(s) - imitating and cooking. Both equally charming.
I likely have the most uninteresting closet in the world - and yet Sophia likes to take it apart (particularly my shoes). The other day she unearthed my silver slip-ons and walked around the yard with them on.
She did better than I do in them:
  At the beginning of summer, my mom brought over a wee set of Adirondack chairs with a matching red table. The chairs have become a fixture in our daily outdoor activities (and are light enough for H and S to pick up and transport around the yard).

They move them into the pool so they can sit and soak their feet (and eat their homemade strawberry ice creams with berries that we picked). Oh yes, and we move the slide in too. And once we moved in a pack and play (okay, that would be absurd). But I am amazed daily by how inventive they are.

Speaking of being inventive, we made a watermelon cupcake (one large one and several smaller ones). Sophia is particularly fond of the kitchen (and has, on more than one occasion pushed a kitchen chair up to the counter, climbed on top and watched as I did everything from cutting up a piece of celery to drying a dish). She is a grade-A stirrer. And chocolate chip taster. 


The results of baking day? Not bad.
Are you noticing a theme here (besides the fact that Henry and Sophia spend more time not-clothed than clothed?) Yeah - the chairs.
The chairs are a huge hit. And on the move again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment